We are a network of student ministries discipling future leaders on Canada’s post-secondary campuses. Our mission is building Jesus-focused campus communities. Our purposes are speaking of Jesus often because He is transforming our lives; generous service and hospitality; providing care and training disciple-making disciples; collaborating in local, national, and global strategic relationships; and launching new student communities.
Mark 10:45 (NIV) says, "The Son of Man did not come to BE served, but to SERVE, and to give His life as a ransom for many." Jesus also said in Matthew 10:8 (NIV), "Freely you have received; freely give.” SERVE Campus Network is rooted in Jesus’ mandate to model humility in all we say and do. We want our name to reflect who we are because of who Jesus is. We SERVE by being others focused, leading by example, and resisting the temptation to wield power.
Mission Canada is the domestic mission agency of The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC), to whom we are accountable to and grateful for. Next Gen Campus Ministries is one of the priorities for mission within the PAOC. There are many contexts within our nation where Jesus is inadequately represented, including on post-secondary campuses, certain people groups, communities, or regions. Mission Canada is committed to identify and equip those who will pursue their calling to fill identified “gaps” within our nation. Mission Canada provides assistance by way of resources, strategic thinking, partnerships, and networking with like-minded people.
Why We Exist
We believe that our calling is to develop Jesus-focused campus communities that are marked by love, humility, purpose, and service. We take the time to find out about the lives of students and walk with them in their journey in exploring authentic spirituality. We believe in the reality of the spiritual realm and are expectant of the Holy Spirit intervening in the world around us and in our lives. The Holy Spirit transforms lives and is at work through Jesus-centred communities of worship, prayer, discipleship, generosity, and mission. The Holy Spirit’s power can heal us emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically.
What We Believe
1. We believe the Bible is God's message to us. So, we seek to understand and obey its truth.
2. We believe there is one God who is three persons. So, we yearn to know Him in all of His complexity and beauty.
3. We believe Jesus is fully God and fully human - born of a virgin. So, we rejoice that Christ can be a bridge between us and God.
4. We believe people, throughout history, have sinned against God. So, we are deeply aware that we, too, are marked by willful disobedience.
5. We believe God extends forgiveness to us through Christ. So, we repent and rejoice in our forgiveness.
6. We believe God offers freedom from sin's grasp. So, we live lives that are pleasing to God.
7. We believe followers of Jesus must be empowered by the Holy Spirit. So, we expect supernatural power in our daily lives.
8. We believe in the Church. So, we live in this community of faith, inviting others to join us.
9. We believe God gives leaders as gifts to His Church. So, we serve those whom the Lord entrusts to us.
10. We believe God commands His followers to be water baptized and to celebrate communion. So, we practice these symbolic actions, reflecting on their significance.
11. We believe Jesus will return to claim His Church. So, we live in expectancy of His coming.
12. We believe Christ will one day be seen clearly as King on earth. So, we live as citizens of His Kingdom now.
13. We believe God is the ultimate Judge. So, we live knowing that our choices will echo through eternity.
14. We believe in Christ's resurrection. So, we live with hope regardless of our circumstances.