ABA Regional Coordinator
The role of Regional Coordinator will serve to advance the ABA missional mandate:
“To serve all Indigenous people with the purpose of preparing them for Christian ministry.”
- Develop study centres within Indigenous contexts providing biblical support.
- To connect students with mentors experienced in local ministry, who will disciple them for practical, effective ministry.
- To provide an educational experience that will enhance ministry abilities and encourage Indigenous leadership in their communities and in their church congregations.
THE MISSION TEAM – CORE NEEDS:
The team can be led by an individual, or consist of at least two people, ideally a husband and wife. Core needs for the team:
- To oversee and monitor progress of students and ABA training centres in the defined region of
- Provide curricula and academic support, assisting students and on-site personnel.
- Facilitate a student’s spiritual formation via ABA resources.
- To travel, representing the ministry of ABA:
- Recruit and facilitate the enrolment of students.
- To articulate the training program to district leadership, churches, and missions events.
- Periodic facilitation of group teaching sessions
- To maintain student and training centre records and files.
- To provide monthly reports to the Academic Director.
- To communicate with inquirers in a reasonable time frame, providing program information to prospective students, church leadership and interested parties
The person filling this role will be of mature Christian character, both having sound biblical knowledge and holding to sound biblical doctrine in life and practice with a heart for ministry, and possessing the following qualifications:
- Must either hold ministerial credentials or be credential-able with the PAOC.
- Good communication skills and capable of leading/facilitating group teaching sessions.
- Software proficiency i.e., word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, database, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in writing, grammar, and proofreading. High relational skills, including a particular focus on phone skills.
- “Self starter” and organizer with natural administrative skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required to fulfill the role responsibilities.
- Consistency coupled with flexibility; ability to flex to accommodate the ebb and flow with the workload Regional Coordinator 2023 Page 2 throughout the year.
- A strong commitment to Christian Faith and service. As an employer, we are a special interest organization that serves people of a specific religious community.
- The Regional Coordinator will work under the direction of and report to the Academic Director.
- The Regional Coordinator will work under the office guidelines as established by the Board of Governors.
- The Regional Coordinator will work with Mission Canada as the sending and supporting agency for their missionary placement with the ABA.
- The Regional Coordinator will maintain good relationship with their District of deployment.
As a PAOC Mission Canada worker, the salary for this role is raised by the worker through personal fundraising. ABA and Mission Canada provide fundraising training, coaching, and has a track record of long-term success for its employees’ funding. An annual budget is developed and agreed to between the Mission Canada Director and the worker, including salary commensurate to the role. Benefits are negotiable.
HOURS: This role starts at 20 hours per week; if required by the workload and agreeable to the employee, work hours and compensation may be increased upon negotiation.
The appointment will be reviewed annually. As with all job descriptions, the above items are subject to change from time to time as the ministry grows and develops.
The PAOC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
INQUIRIES / INTEREST:
For further information, or to express an interest in this Mission Canada worker opportunity, please share with us about yourself to get started at THIS LINK. If you have questions about a certain location opportunity, please include them in your response form. We look forward to hearing from you and following up with you shortly thereafter!
The PAOC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.