Donation Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make a donation online?
- How do I find the worker or project that I wish to support?
- What major credit cards do you accept?
- Is it safe to give my credit card details online?
- When do monthly gifts get processed?
- How safe is my personal information with the PAOC?
- Is there any advantage to donating online?
- How do I contact you regarding my donation?
- Can I donate in US$ or any other currency?
- Will you send me a tax receipt?
- What if my contact information changes?
- Can I send my donation directly to the individual
Donation Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a donation online?
- After clicking the Donate button on a project or worker you wish to support, you are presented with the following options before adding the item to your donation basket:
- Amount - Enter the amount you wish to donate to a worker/project.
- Type - Choose whether you would like this donation to be a One-Time donation or a recurring Monthly donation.
- Dedication - If you choose, you can make your donation In Memory of or In Honour of a friend or family member. This dedication gets included with your donation.
- Duration (Only Available on Monthly Donations) - This option lets you specify whether you would like your recurring Monthly donation to end after a specified period, or if you would like it to continue until further notice.
- Donation Note - In this field you can specify a note that will be included with your donation.
- View previous donations made through the site.
- Some address information pre-populated to expedite checkout process.
- Forms for notifying us of address changes.
- Ability to submit comments on various articles throughout the website.
Thank you so much for your generous donation!
How do I find the worker or project that I wish to support?
- From the PAOC Homepage, you can click the Donate button, or you can access donations at any time by clicking the My Account tab located at the top of each page.
- Next, you will have the following options to locate the worker or project you wish to support:
- Search - All of the text in a worker or project profile is searchable for your convenience.
- Browse Workers & Projects - You can filter through all of the available workers and projects by selecting their Location and/or Type
- Where Most Needed - If you do not want to specify a specific worker or project, you have the option of choosing Where Most Needed where your funds will be directed to an urgent priority.
What major credit cards do you accept?
Both Visa & MasterCard are accepted. Unfortunately, we do not accept Interac Debit Cards at this time.
Is it safe to give my credit card details online?
Absolutely. We have adopted stringent security measures to ensure that critically sensitive information, such as your personal information and your credit card details, are protected. These measures include the following:
- All your personal information is encrypted before it is transmitted over the internet. This guarantees that your information is inaccessible to any third party.
- We use industry-standard SSL (Standard Sockets Layer) encryption technology for data encryption.
- The financial information required to process your donation online is handled by TD Merchant Services – one of the largest, most reliable payment processing networks in North America. Your credit card data will not be retained on any PAOC servers.
When do monthly gifts get processed?
How safe is my personal information with the PAOC?
Is there any advantage to donating online?
How do I contact you regarding my donation?
Can I donate in US$ or any other currency?
Online, we only accept donations in Canadian dollars. You can send in Cheques/Bank Drafts/Money Orders via surface mail in any currency. For your own security, do not send cash in the mail.
For US Residents interested in our national and international projects, we recommend supporting RPEC International (http://rpecinternational.org), as they are one of our US based partners, and able to provide tax receipts to US Residents.