What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Greetings from Thailand
- Some of our activities/ministry this month included:
- Interacting with groups from all over SEAsia who are interested in being trained for CHE ministry
- Participating in church & community New Year celebrations
- Enjoying visitors from Canada and India
- Continuing involvement with BaanMaiSawaan Children's Homes and ministry team
- Comforting those who have lost family members
- Renewal of our yearly visas and work permit
Water, Water, Water Woes!
As many of you may be aware, over the last year there has been a water shortage/drought in the north of Thailand. As you can see from the pictures, what was a lake that supplied water to the BMS children's homes and community is now empty. Water, water, nowhere and not a drop to drink! Thanks to ERDO (Emergency Relief and Development Organization - the humanitarian agency of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada - PAOC) and supporting churches there is now a deep well with an abundant supply of water.
The sudden death of one of the children from the Abundant Love Children's Home at the end of December left many of us in shock. While we will miss this little ten year old girl we know that she was a believer and is now with her Lord and Savior. Please pray for her family, the mountain community she came from and the staff and other children at the home. This was the first death of a child at the home since the home started 14 years ago.
We always enjoy receiving visitors in Chiang Mai. It is great when tourists take time from their holidays to visit BaanMaiSawaan Children's Homes and interact with the children. The children love to greet visitors and are very eager to show them around their "new home". Thank you Victoria, Ruth and MP for your visit - the children and staff loved having you there with them.
What is Community Health Evangelism (CHE)?
CHE is a holistic strategy for transforming lives and communities through the seamless integration of community-based development, evangelism, and discipleship.
To understand more about Community Health Evangelism (CHE) or Community Development Education (CDE) that we are doing see: www.chenetwork.org Details on Urban CHE may be found at: www.neighborhoodtransformation.net
On January 11th Cavell Rowsell (Thailand Field Director PAOC) Turns the Switch for Water for BaanMaiSawaan Village. The Well is Dug and Water is being Pumped to the BMS Village.
- Thanks to ERDO and supporting churches we now have a good water supply at BaanMaiSawaan
- Increasing interest and understanding of the CHE model of ministry
- Continuing good health and strength as we minister
- Pray for our upcoming CHE ministry in India
- Please pray for those who have recently lost loved ones
- For a sovereign move of God in SEAsia and India; that millions may come to Christ
- That many English speaking believers will come to do ministry in Thailand
- Pray for Fran and Boy at BaanMaiSawaan
- Pray for our family in Canada
We thank all of you from all over the world who have prayed and continue to pray for us and our family. Thank you again for your continued interest and prayers for us, our CHE ministry, and our family.
Dave and Ann Rideout