Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
|docx Multi-Year Accessibility Plan 2021-2025||docx||46 KB||Download|
|pdf Multi-Year Accessibility Plan 2021-2025||155 KB||Download|
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Statement of Commitment
The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC) commits to doing its part to make Ontario an accessible province for all persons by fulfilling and complying with all requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We believe that everyone should be treated with courtesy and respect and commit to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility for all our employees, volunteers, and all who may interact with our organizations, including those with visible or non-visible disabilities.This multi-year accessibility plan includes a summary of accessibility initiatives already in place and outlines the steps PAOC is taking to meet these requirements and improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
In compliance with regulations, this multi-year accessibility plan will be:
- posted on our website (www.paoc.org);
- provided in an accessible format when requested and in a timely manner;
- reviewed and, where practicable, revised at least once every five years.
PAOC remains in compliance with the Customer Service Standard. Our AODA Policy on Providing Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities was prepared by the January 1, 2012 deadline. It stated our organizational commitment to respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities and outlines what people may expect from PAOC with regards to:
- Accessibility to our Building
- Assistive Devices
- Use of Service Animals
- Support Persons
- Notice of Temporary Disruption
- Feedback Process
PAOC’s AODA Policy document was updated as of April 2021 to include a section on Employment, and additions to the Communication and Training sections.
The April 2021 policy is:
- posted to our website (www.paoc.org);
- will be provided in an accessible format when requested and in a timely manner;
- included in our Employee Handbook.
PAOC commits to making all aspects of the employment cycle accessible to persons with disabilities. The added Employment section outlines specifics in the following areas:
Workplace and Emergency Information
Return to Work Procedures
Compliant: Yes – As of May 1, 2021
Ongoing: We plan to consistently review the above to ensure full compliance.
PAOC remains committed to making all forms, documents, and publications available in an alternative format when requested. PAOC’s April 2021 Policy now includes mention that all content placed on our website will re reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with the WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
Compliant: Yes - As of April 2021, as noted in paragraph above.
- We plan to ensure that all persons who have permission to post items on our website are aware of the WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards and commit to abide by them.
- We plan to review our departmental contact persons list that states who will be responsible to provide communication in an alterative format if requested, and to keep this list current.
PAOC remains committed to provide training for employees and volunteers at our head office that deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf on Ontario’s accessibility laws as it relates to persons with disabilities within one month of the hire date, and to keep accurate records of such training.
The added items to the Training section include the specified online training to be completed by all new hires in:
- The Customer Service Standard
- The Information and Communications Standard
- The Ontario Human Rights Code
- We plan to review training for those involved in the development and approval of policies, practices, and procedures to accommodate persons with disabilities. If additional training is deemed necessary, it will be provided.
- We plan to continue to request that all employees review all our policies, including our AODA policy, on a yearly basis and sign an acknowledgement that they have done so.
- The AODA policy is available to staff on our PAOC Today page in the AODA folder of the Staff Documents area.
- Staff will be notified of any updates to our AODA policy.
- We plan to set specific dates for reviewing our AODA Policy with staff on a regular basis and requesting mandatory attendance at such training, whether in person or via Zoom.
- We hosted a Mental Health Awareness Day for staff on September 13, 2019. We plan to continue to make mental health awareness a key priority.
- Another Mental Health Awareness Day is planed for staff in the Fall of 2021. Exact date to be determined.
Access to our Building
The PAOC head office building at 2450 Milltower Court in Mississauga, Ontario is accessible to all persons with regards to parking, front door access, second floor access, and accessible washrooms.
- We plan to regularly review any impediment to barrier-free access to our building.
- We plan to keep barrier-free access a priority with regards to any future office renovations.
For more information on this multi-year accessibility plan, please contact:
- In person or by regular mail addressed to:
AODA – Fellowship Services
The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
2450 Milltower Court
Mississauga, ON L5N 5Z6
- By telephone at: 905-542-7400, or toll free 1-800-779-7262, and requesting ext. 3235.
- TTY: 800-855-0511
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org