ChildCARE Plus Field Representative
To work alongside local churches in serving vulnerable children and their families to help overcome the chronic cycle of poverty through education and other strategic interventions.
ERDO (Emergency Relief & Development Overseas) responds to crisis situations around the world by providing timely relief through emergency food aid, economic aid, disaster restoration, and training that builds the capacity of communities to guard against future crises and assist with community development.
ChildCARE Plus plays a critical role in transforming communities. Without an education, children in developing countries can remain trapped in poverty and struggle against unemployment, homelessness, the constant threat of hunger, malnutrition and disease.
- Provide in-country leadership and/or administrative support to the ERDO programs.
- Strategic planning, leadership, and management of a portfolio of projects, staff and resource management.
- Experience with child sponsorship programs and/or children's ministry is an asset
- Experience in overseeing relevant community development programming (child sponsorship, food assistance, water and sanitation, crisis response, etc.)
- Have a foundational understanding of best practices in community development.
- Cross-cultural experience an asset.
- Able to build relationships with/and empower national co-workers.
- Willing to engage in language training in at least one prominent local language.
While in-country, candidate will receive ongoing partnership support from ERDO/ChildCARE Plus Department and a designated Program Officer. If deemed necessary, there may be provision for related training.
Our International Missions team will walk with you along the way – from application to deployment. Training, administrative support and mission coaching will be provided, along with assistance for promotional and fundraising efforts.