A Message From World Assemblies of God Fellowship: The Acts One:Eight Project
Afghanistan has fallen! Christians in Afghanistan need urgent prayer
The next few hours are critical for this nation as Taliban has routed the government forces and taken over the country in the last few days. The president has fled the country.
The fast-moving and unpredictable situation need earnest prayer as requested by various ministry groups who have served in Afghanistan in establishing ministry and house churches.
There is no single church building in Afghanistan but during the presence of international forces in the past 20 years many ministries have developed disciples and an underground house church movement.
Now, the Taliban has started killing house church pastors, and believers are in danger, as any believers in Christ will normally suffer the death penalty under the Taliban’s harsh form of Islam.
Now, only the heavenly angelic forces can help to continue and sustain this church in Afghanistan.
Therefore, your prayer matters.
· Pray that God’s peace and protection will envelop the believers and their families and that they will experience supernatural guidance and protection.
· Please pray that many foreign expatriates who were serving as Christian humanitarian agencies will be able to exit the country.
· Pray that every believer of the body of Christ in Afghanistan will experience God’s grace in a special way. Their presence as salt and light will restrain the evil forces of darkness and evil which try to destroy this land.
“The light keeps shining in the dark, and darkness has never put it out" (John 1:5).
· Pray that peaceful political transition will happen without violence and that all the progress made in the last 20 years with human rights, especially for women, will not be taken away.
· Already thousands are displaced fleeing key cities seeking protection from Taliban. The Taliban has cut off all exit points to neighboring countries, especially to Pakistan.
· Please pray for countries in South Asia, Pakistan, and India, who will be able to give refuge to those seeking safety.
· Let us affirm by faith that the Sovereign Lord of heaven and earth will rule over what happens in Afghanistan from now on.
"Praise and honor the King who rules from heaven! Everything he does is honest and fair, and he can shatter the power of those who are proud” (Daniel 4:37).
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING FOR AFGHANISTAN
Badakhshan Province is one of the 34 provinces of Afghanistan, located in the farthest north-eastern part of the country between Tajikistan and Pakistan-administered Gilgit-Baltistan region. It shares a 91-kilometer border with China. It is part of a broader historical Badakhshan region.