To: All Member Organizations and Ministers & Pastors in those Movements
From: Jeff Farmer, President
Date: March 16, 2017
Subject: Gifts of the Spirit
Woven into the fabric of Pentecostal Charismatic life and ministry is the bedrock reality of the pneumatikos-"spiritual gifts." We believe these are not relics of the past, but blessings for the present.
I have experienced and witnessed these gifts time and again. You have as well.
PCCNA wants to write a book about it ... by using your stories, or those with which you are familiar. We want to build faith and inspire belief in a real, living Holy Spirit. And importantly, we want to demonstrate that He moves in North America here and now - not just on the mission field with our parents and grandparents.
BroadStreet Publishing is partnering with PCCNA in this venture. We've retained an experienced, award-winning writer, Dean Merrill. Together we believe that a book that showcases authentic gifts in action will appeal not only to Christians and seekers, but will also have crossover appeal to a curious, secular culture.
Would you help us collect these stories? Here is what I ask of you:
- Short thumbnail sketches (just two or three paragraphs) of real-life gift examples you think should be considered for the collection. You don't have to write the full episode; just hit the high points. (Make sure the story took place in North America during the last 25 years.)
- Be certain to include your phone number and email address.
- Send us as many as you want. Please, the more we have, the better our content will be.
- If your story finds its way to the top, our writer will then contact people for phone interviews.
- We want ALL the gifts of the Spirit represented-the gift of healing, yes, but also gifts of extraordinary faith, of discerning of spirits, of a word of wisdom, of tongues and interpretation, of the working of miracles, of prophecy, etc.
- This is important: WE WANT AS MANY DIFFERENT PCCNA MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS REPRESENTED IN THE BOOK AS POSSIBLE.
SO PLEASE PUT THE WORD OUT IN YOUR CHURCH NETWORK OR DENOMINATION. Do it now! We're facing a real manuscript deadline. Send just a few paragraphs [by May 1, 2017] for each story possibility to these two addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you sincerely for your faith, prayer, and participation. We believe in the power of the Spirit and a God of miracles. So flood our inboxes!