Location: Blantyre, Malawi
Ministry Focus: Tyler and Alexis are partnering with Kids World Outreach Society in Malawi.
The ministry’s focus is bringing hope for the future to young people in Malawi. The aim is to provide opportunities for young people to equip themselves with the resources and skills they need to flourish. These opportunities are provided to young people in Chikwawa district and Blantyre by support in the following areas:
• basic physical care through breakfast and lunch programs, clothing, and medical care;
• sponsorship from nursery school right through to university or vocational training and support with entrepreneurial endeavors;
• emergency and disaster relief though immediate, on the ground assistance and help with reconstruction efforts;
• spiritual mentorship through VBS, Wee College, discipleship and leadership training.
Tyler is with Kids World full-time. Alexis is with Kids World part-time; she also teaches at an International Primary School in Blantyre.
Ministry History: Tyler and Alexis met in 2011 while ministering to people experiencing homelessness in Edmonton, Alberta. Tyler was just starting as a youth worker with Youth Unlimited/Youth For Christ Edmonton and Alexis was completing a Child and Youth Care program. As they started making plans for their future, they both felt called to ministering internationally.
While at Youth For Christ, Tyler managed a youth drop-in centre and facilitated an employment readiness program for high school students. Once moving to Malawi became a possibility, Tyler earned a two year diploma in Entrepreneurial Business in order to better assist Kids World and to support young entrepreneurs in Malawi. Alexis has completed her Child and Youth Care Diploma and Bachelor of Education and has been working as a youth worker and teacher in both public and faith-based settings.
As members of Edmonton Father’s House Church, they both served on the worship team and Tyler served on the Board of Deacons for several years.
1. Pray for Tyler and Alexis’ finances and a smooth transition from Edmonton to Malawi
2. Pray for individual and community transformation through the love of Jesus
3. Pray for Alexis as she starts her new teaching position at an International Primary School
4. Pray for creativity and wisdom for Tyler and the rest of the Kid’s World team as they make decisions for the ministry