Ministry Location: Based in Waterloo, Ontario for Dominican Republic, Cuba, Latin America & the Caribbean
- Mobilizing and discipling Canadian youth, men and women to serve in missions through NEXO short term service trips for life transformation
- Facilitate training & equipping conferences with national leaders for Discipleship advancement and Leadership development in western & central Cuba and the north coast of the Dominican Republic
- Spanish language translation and Instruction with "Light for the Nations" (A four week intensive cross-cultural training program delivered according to each context) to train Cuban missionaries and other national fellowships in Latin America
- Leading strategic projects to strengthen and expand the outreach capacity of the national church with funding and subsidies
Oto and Liz have been in ministry for over 25 years serving in missions, pastoring, worship, and leading a Bible School. The first fifteen years serving in the Hispanic communities of south western Ontario, and the last decade as part of a culturally diverse English language community of faith in the Waterloo region.
10 years ago Oto and Liz began to train and lead short term service teams with special care to the discipleship journey of their participants. Their desire is to help people discover the joy of participating in God’s mission through “short term” learning and serving trips that challenge its participants to consider “long term” change and to live missional lives in line with God's assignment for them.
In 2014 they began "mission 414" facilitating the training and equipping of national Children’s workers in Dominican Republic using "Semillitas" a Spanish 14 week discipleship workbook to reach and root children in the Gospel.
Short term trips have always been relationally strong and developing from "exposure project trips" to more "focused on purpose" as national leaders expressed their needs. Liz and Oto facilitated teams of women to encourage and bless Pastor's wives and women in ministry through 1 day conferences in Cuba. While in Dominican Republic, the expressed need was for men's ministry. A city wide men's conference in Puerto Plata has grown over the last four years and this year the conference will be celebrated in three different cities.
The systematic and focused work of short term teams and partner's generosity have contributed to the building expansion of Colegio Betel in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Houses for congregations to gather in Cuba, and homes that benefit the vulnerable in both countries.
This year we have been invited to work with "Life for the Nations" (a cross-cultural training program) to translate print & presentation resources as well as simultaneous translation to the instructors. We are part of seeing a historical endeavor materialize as the Cuban church trains and sends missionaries and joins the Global church in the world evangelistic task
- disciples, leadership growth and the advancement of the Gospel in each country
- safety and health in travel, and with teams as we serve internationally
- wisdom, favour and direction for collaborating with national leaders in taking the Gospel to the unreached
- new congregations and individuals for prayer support, financial resources and volunteers to serve alongside with us
- For our adult daughters Kaylee, Jessy and Lesly. Pray for direction and wisdom as they live and serve Jesus through each of their personal assignments