In Canada, Indigenous People have now surpassed the one million mark and are located in each province and territory including many of the populated urban centres. Often, Indigenous communities have a desire to retain their culture and the values of family, land, community and tradition can collide with those of ‘mainstream’ Canadian society. Suicide, substance abuse, past hurts and hopelessness are only some of the obstacles holding generations of Indigenous Canadians from finding a relationship with Christ. The PAOC is committed to working with our Indigenous leaders to network, train and equip called leaders.
- Evangelism - communicating the gospel through culturally relevant means with an intentional focus on discipleship
- Reconciliation - recognizing the role of genuine reconciliation in the gospel and to those inside and outside the Indigenous community
- Networking of Resources and Partnerships - recognizing strong partnerships with Indigenous leadership as an equal partner with the PAOC
- Leadership Training - training effective qualified leaders to lead the Indigenous church in Canada
- Emerging Leaders – identifying and training effective emerging leaders for leadership opportunities in Indigenous churches and communities
- Church Planting - establishing healthy churches that will multiply churches reflecting Indigenous culture.
Indigenous Canadians urgently need to hear and know the message of love, hope, and healing of Jesus. Will you help?