Every Day Faith - April 2016
Here is a snapshot of how we’re praying this month. Order the 2016 Every Day Faith brochures and prayer cards for your church by calling 905-542-7400 ext. 3223 or emailing email@example.com.
April 2016 (Spiritual Vitality)
For intergenerational understanding, appreciation and faith-building
- That believers of all ages throughout our Fellowship will relate meaningfully with brothers and sisters in Christ across generations.
- That the homes of church families will be places where children and youth who do not know Jesus can be welcomed and introduced to the message of the gospel.
- That children and youth will grow in their biblical understanding of respect for authority and love for their neighbour.
- That adult believers of all ages will be intentional about understanding, encouraging and mentoring younger believers and modeling biblical faith.
- For wisdom and effectiveness among leaders and teachers working with children and youth.
PASSAGES TO PONDER:
"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God."
1 Corinthians 1:10
"I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought."
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise—“so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
1 Timothy 4:12
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."
Colossians 3:20, 21
"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged."
"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."
Next Month's Prayer Focus: For authentic, passionate Pentecostal leadership and congregations