Here’s how we’re praying this month.
Here’s how we’re praying this month. Along with our monthly prayer focus, visit www.everydayfaith.ca for encouragement in the disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, generosity and sharing our faith in word and deed. Thanks for continuing to track with us on our Every Day Faith journey. To sign up for weekly, general PAOC prayer updates, click here.
September 2017 (Theological Vitality)
For effective youth and campus evangelization and discipleship
- That Christians will consistently share and live out biblical principles with youth and young adults who can observe their faithful obedience closely.
- That youth and young adults will be drawn by God’s Spirit to seek Him with all their hearts, and that they will find Him.
- That young adults who have strayed away from their childhood faith will find opportunities to reconnect with God and His people on campus.
- That loving communities of Christian faith will find favour and opportunities for greater outreach on every campus in Canada.
- That meaningful discipleship will grow and flourish wherever God places Christian representatives to serve.
PASSAGES TO PONDER:
2 Timothy 4:1-5
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
2 Timothy 2:14-15
Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.
Next month’s prayer focus: For an unwavering focus on righteousness and justice
Photo © istockphoto.com