Here’s how we’re praying in May. In keeping with our focus on the next generation in April, we continue to ask for God’s guidance and blessing on our families. You can still contact our order desk at 905-542-7400 ext. 3223 or via email at email@example.com to get this year’s Every Day Faith prayer cards, general brochures and promotional postcards for your ministry context (just shipping charges apply). We also continue to encourage regular visits to www.everydayfaith.ca for encouragement in the disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, generosity and sharing our faith in word and deed.
Thank you for praying.
May 2017 (Theological Vitality)
For God’s protection and help for our families
- That God will help families to strengthen their marriages and family relationships, and to rebuild connections that have been broken.
- That God’s Word will be the most important reference point for wisdom and direction as opportunities and challenges arise.
- That those in despair will find hope and comfort in Christ and His promises.
- That parents and guardians will have godly wisdom in taking care of their responsibilities and making decisions.
- That children will grow in discernment and in their desire to please God and be a blessing in their families.
- That God will deliver and protect our families from harmful spiritual influences.
PASSAGES TO PONDER:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Psalm 119:105, 106
Your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.
I have taken an oath and confirmed it,
that I will follow your righteous laws.
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
Psalm 103:17, 18
But from everlasting to everlasting
the Lord’s love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children’s children—
with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.
Next month's prayer focus: For authentic, passionate Pentecostal leadership and congregations (http://everydayfaith.ca/?page_id=1487).
Photo © istockphoto.com