ONE HOUR OF PRAYER FOR CANADA
Reflect on God’s goodness. Spend ten minutes thanking God for the wonderful country of Canada.
Thank Him for:
- beauty of the landscape
1 Chronicles 16:34 says, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.”
Pray for our government.
Gather names of your municipal leaders and call out to God
for them. Pray for wisdom, understanding.
Ask God to help our Canadian leaders lead with integrity,
caring for the needs and people in our nation.
1 Timothy 2:1-3 says, “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour.
Pray for the unreached parts of our nation.
- Pray for the children and youth growing up in Canada
- Pray for post-secondary students and those leading our colleges and universities
- Pray for our urban centres across our nation.
- Pray for Aboriginal people in our cities, rural areas and on reserves.
- Pray for those who are newcomers to Canada, and for the various cultural groups across our nation.
- Pray for Quebec and Francophone Canada – the largest mission field in our nation.
- Pray for Mission Canada workers, our PAOC missionaries placed in the unreached parts of our nation. Ask the Lord of the harvest to send more workers into the gaps in our nation where we must be salt and light.
Matthew 28: 16-20 reminds us, “Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Pray for the fire of the Holy Spirit to ignite our churches and every believer across Canada.
Romans 15:13 is our prayer for you… “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Pray for the community you live in. Ask the Father to burden your heart
for its neighbourhoods, the businesses, schools, community
events and all that goes on in your immediate mission field
… your Jerusalem. Call out in prayer the names of your neighbours,
asking God to help you be a godly influence and to give you
divine appointments to share life and faith with those around you.