Community Development Internship
To provide an opportunity to engage with, learn from, and support global workers and local partner churches in their existing community development and/or ChildCARE Plus programs.
ERDO responds to crisis situations around the world by providing timely relief through emergency food aid, economic aid, disaster restoration, and training that builds the capacity of communities to guard against future crises and assist with community development. ChildCARE Plus plays a critical role in transforming communities. Without an education, children in developing countries can remain trapped in poverty and struggle against unemployment, homelessness, the constant threat of hunger, malnutrition and disease.
- Ability to offer in-country support to ongoing ERDO programming by serving vulnerable children and their families to help overcome the chronic cycle of poverty through strategic community interventions.
- Experience in relevant community development programming an asset (child sponsorship, food assistance, water and sanitation, crisis response, etc).
- Demonstrates a heart for the poor and is sensitive to the uniqueness of faith-based humanitarian work.
- Administration experience an asset to assist to support a portfolio of projects with implementation and reporting of outcomes.
- Experience with child-based programming is an asset.
- Able to build relationships with and work alongside national co-workers.
While in-country, candidate will also receive ongoing partnership support from the ERDO Program team, including other related training opportunities.
Our Mission Global team will walk with you along the way – from application to deployment. Training, administrative support and mission coaching will be provided, along with assistance for promotional and fundraising efforts.