Location: Belgium, Eurasia
Ministry Focus: ReforMISSION Europe - raising up 'NextGen' leaders for changing churches in a thoroughly secular society. Investing their lives in Europe, Eileen and David Courey work through two seminaries in Belgium; one Pentecostal, Continental Theological Seminary in Brussels; the other broadly Protestant, Evangelical Theological Faculty in Leuven. They see their ministry in three dimensions:
- Shaping Leaders - Both David and Eileen love people. In college ministry, they meet lots of young men and women filled with passion and promise and they love to fan those flames into a blaze. Their home is always open and they have built great life-sharing relationships with young leaders that will grow over the years.
- Encouraging Churches - Churches in Europe are often small and struggling. David preaches motivational, practical, biblical messages in European (mostly Belgian) churches virtually every Sunday. All over Europe he and Eileen have made friends with pastors, leaders and folk they’ve encouraged in the journey.
- Building Foundations - David’s heart has always been to model spiritual passion, pastoral effectiveness and theological rigor. He does that as a teacher, but also as an author and thought leader with students, pastors and churches. Building strong foundations for spiritual vitality strengthens believers in this highly secular environment.
Ministry History: David and Eileen were saved back in the late 70s as college students. They attended Eastern Pentecostal Bible College, and then began their ministry at Glad Tidings in Sudbury where they spent ten fruitful years loving the North! They then moved to Calvary in Cambridge where they pastored for twenty years loving people and building the kingdom. Having experienced missions trips to Zimbabwe, and Kenya, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, as well a few trips to Romania, they never imagined being global workers. But after completing his Ph.D. at McMaster Divinity College, and sensing the time to move, David taught a course at Continental Theological Seminary in Brussels in May of 2013. By January they were in Belgium and began their missions journey!
- Favour with students, and churches and the world around us!
- Wisdom and guidance to mentor and disciple well.
- Creativity and anointing in writing and preaching.
- Financial freedom in our budget.