Location: Guatemala, Latin America & the Caribbean
With the help of local partners they are actively involved in Reaching, Caring, and Training; empowering national youth and children to multiply their impact through full-time education. To help the students find fulfilment in their faith journey and walk towards the dreams of a better future. Hector & Ruth received the administrator position of ChildCARE Plus (CCP) in March 2010 with 182 children. The program currently benefits 14 schools and 492 sponsored children and youth. Each school is the evangelistic and training outstretched arm of the local church, providing education from the elementary level up to technical studies.
The Aragons host many short-term mission teams which help with ministry, completing building projects and providing medical services. They also engage in teaching and preaching in churches and gatherings of pastors and evangelists. Teaming up with other PAOC global workers, they have succeeded in the building of a Vocational Training Centre with a capacity of 400 students with 75 task force building teams mostly from our PAOC churches across Canada as well as building of 27 churches in the outskirts of Guatemala City and the surrounding area.
Hector and Ruth are both of Spanish descent and have been In Guatemala since January 1997. Ruth was born in Ecuador, the youngest of nine children. Hector was born in Guatemala, the eldest of eight and was saved from a life of drugs and jail terms. They met in Toronto in 1981 when they were in their early twenties and out Bible school, and married after graduating. They had their three daughters at the beginning of 14 years of church planting/pastoral ministry among the Spanish in the Kitchener-Cambridge-Waterloo area of Ontario.
- Wisdom and understanding In communication as we are committed to walk alongside the national church leaders and pastors and the agricultural community of Osuna. To be intentional in loving and evangelistic
- Protection while they travel in country
- Guidance to translate, print and promote Canadian discipleship, Sunday School, and another topics material.
- That the CCP children and youth graduate with a technical diploma and find the employment they need.
- Partners to help promote child sponsorship.
- A Canadian recruit - a full-time global worker or married global worker couple to work alongside them.