Location: Cuba, Latin America & the Caribbean
Ministry Focus: Gary works to support and equip the Cuban church to “Retain the Harvest” through pastoral education via Global University and leadership training through conferences facilitated by PAOC pastors.
A critical new ministry for Cuba is the 12-step recovery program which is being used to train leaders in the local church and for a residential recovery center to help break the cycle of rampant alcohol abuse that plagues the people and families of Cuba.
Other ministry focuses include:
- Bible purchase and distribution (only 1 in 12 Christians has a Bible)
- PAOC short term missions (STM) teams to bring ministry and personal supplies help with renovations and minister in local churches.
- Installing water purification equipment in local churches for the community.
Ministry History: In 1991, Gary led a STM team to evangelize at the Pan American Games where God arranged a divine meeting with a local Havana pastor Hector Hunter. At this time there were less than 300 Pentecostal churches on the island most in remote locations, who Hunter knew needed love and support from the Canadian church. Through Gary’s encouragement PAOC churches began sending STM teams to visit and support these remote churches. In 1999 the revival exploded all over the island and now there are over 7,000 churches and domestic missions, thus began the emphasis to “Retain the Harvest”! In 2014, God opened the door and now the Cuban church is preparing with the support of PAOC International Missions to send their own missionaries to the unreached people groups around the world!
- For safety as he travels to and from Cuba.
- For PAOC churches to partner with Cuban churches.
- For permits from the government to ship equipment and ministry supplies.