In just four years, from 2021 until 2024, the newly increased immigration goal, as set by Immigration Canada, will be the equivalent of Canada's fourth largest city - after Vancouver and before Calgary. We are in an unprecedented time for our nation. Yes, unprecedented. In 2021 we passed all historic recored for immigration, even beating out the highest numbers during the Great Migration of 1815-1850.
And this is good news for the church in Canada! We're still a mission-sending nation, but we're also a mission-receiving nation and a mission field of our own. God is bringing the nations to Canada, and in His economy, its so they can hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.
To answer this call, Cultural Language Groups is a priority for Mission Canada. We must consider the fast-growing number of churches in our Fellowship who are worshipping in international languages weekly. We must also be about mobilizing and placing workers - home missionaries - who will go to the people groups already in our nation, and those who continue to come. The Mission Canada Cultural Languages Group:
- Brings together leadership from the various PAOC districts to collaborate and resource one another. We work together to see a strengthening and synergy amongst leaders and congregations of all ethno-linguistic backgrounds. We also help new and recent immigrants desiring to start churches with the practical realities and legal requirements they need to minister in Canada.
- Look to the future and consider how we can facilitate more new ethno-linguistic groups seeking covering and partnership in our Fellowship, and those desiring to plant a new ministry to reach a cultural language group in Canada.
- Do you lead a cultural language church group?
- Are you seeking covering and guidance?
- Works to mobilize new workers who will share the life-giving good news of Jesus Christ with newcomers to Canada of all religious worldviews, as well as those with no particular spiritual worldview at all.
- Do you have a cultural language group in your area, and feel the Spirit compelling you to reach them?
- If you are feeling the call of God on your life to be a cross-cultural worker impacting the lives of newcomers to Canada, we welcome you to start the consultation process with us. Click here to do so.
- Embracing Newcomers
- Becoming an Intentionally Multicultural Church - A Leadership Manual
- Internationals Who Live Among Us: Doing World Missions at Home by Neal Pirolo
- Canada’s New Harvest: Helping Churches Touch Newcomers by Brian Seim
- Muslims Next Door: Uncovering Myths and Creating Friendships by Shirin Taber
- Prayer Walking: Praying On Site with Insight by Hawthorne & Kendrick
- PAOC Cultural Language Pastor/Leaders Network