PAOC 4-14 Prayer Focus: Quebec
As the Children’s Ministries Director for the PAOC District of Quebec, my prayer for children in Quebec is to see them connect with God, for them to see Jesus as a real hero who loves them, and that they would be filled by the Spirit as He teaches them about who they are as children of God. I also pray that our children would develop a strong love for the Word of God, not as any other book, but that they would understand and believe that every word in it comes from God Himself. I invite you today to join with us across the nation and around the world in praying for the children of Quebec.
E-mail Website PaocKidz
Consider the following statistics as you pray for the children of Quebec today:
- In 2013, there was 1,253,932 children in Quebec between the ages of 0 to 14.
- 17% of Quebec’s children live in step-families.
- The number of children living with a single parent is up since 2006.Montreal has the highest number of single-parent families in the province.
- There are more children living in foster families and same-sex parents in Quebec than in any of the other Canadian provinces.
- In a classroom, 1 Canadian out of 10 has learning difficulties (ADD, dyslexia, etc.)
- 50% of Quebec’s children live in the Greater Montreal area.16% live in Quebec City and the surrounding area.
- 87% of children from immigrant families live in the Greater Montreal area.
- In 2012-2013, Direction of Youth Protection (DPJ) took charge of 27,634 children, 57 % were between 0 and 12 years of age.
- The reporting of children to Youth Protection is down 10% but cases of children with mental illness and physical abuse is increasing.