Streams Christian Church is located in the Central Alberta city of Red Deer, midway in the corridor between Edmonton and Calgary. Our small multi-generational downtown church has a congregation of approximately 150 people.
Our heart is to help people encounter the goodness of God, with a focus on healing, freedom, and joy. The values of our culture include grace, honour, encouragement, creativity, authenticity, and acceptance, to create a relaxed and friendly environment we call home.
Streams Church is seeking a new lead pastor as we enter a season of transition following the recent departure of our pastor of 26.5 years. The lead pastor should have a Spirit-led vision for building on the historical foundation of the church and for moving her forward.
In addition to the prescribed responsibilities of a lead pastor including preaching, teaching in small groups, altar ministry and communion, prayer meetings, pastoral care and counseling, child dedications, water baptisms, and weddings and funerals, the lead pastor should have experience and be competent in general administration and oversight of all aspects of church business and ministry. This is achieved by providing vision and leadership for, and delegating where appropriate, areas such as children’s and youth ministry and worship.
The lead pastor should be Spirit-filled, grounded in the word, and have a heart for ministering to individuals, families, and the community.
The lead pastor;
• has demonstrated abilities to lead with a servant’s heart and work with a diverse team to accomplish a laid-out vision in a collaborative manner
• is able to pastor, mentor, recognize and release the pastoral team and other key leaders
• has leadership experience and proven ability to work in a multi-generational setting while leading the church to engage the community for growth
• is prayerful, Spirit-led, and has experience in applying innovative approaches to church administration and community outreach
The Lead Pastor must be a PAOC credential holder in good standing.
Thank you for taking the time to prayerfully consider this position. If you choose to apply, please submit the following items;
• A cover letter that helps us understand more about who you are and how you came to see this position as one you might fill, including your vision/passion and applicable experiences. Please share with us why you feel called to Streams Christian Church
• A resume that details your ministry and other professional experience. Include appropriate references that we may contact in our process
The Lead Pastor;
• Aligns with our culture and is passionate about seeing our values further expressed
• has been a disciple under a lead pastor
• has previous pastoral and church administration experience
• is passionate about and has experience in church growth
• is positioned to join with the church body to take the next step forward