Homeschool Support Coach
Cambodia is a nation with a traumatic history and a resulting young population. These young people through programs at Global Student Center and Child Care Plus Cambodia are being introduced to Jesus for the first time and He is transforming their lives through these ministries. But schooling challenges has created a potential obstacle for our Global Worker family and you could be part of the solution.
Working with the Rowley family to homeschool one of their daughters (age 7) who requires greater learning support than the in-country English International schools can provide. This kind of support will allow the family to remain in the field to continue ministry. This temporary position will also provide opportunities, if so desired, to participate in ministry at Global Student Centre and/or ChildCARE Plus Cambodia.
The homeschool support coach would be responsible to homeschool one of their daughters (age 7) during regular homeschool hours (Approx. 4 hours/day).
- Teach appropriate level material using My Father's World homeschooling curriculum Grade level 2
- Teach through interactive and engaging methods – beyond just paper and pencil
- Assist in bringing student to various therapy sessions
- Organize a once a week outing with the student
- Use the students Individual Education Plan and doctors assessments to find creative ways to support learning
- A high level of patience and love for young children.
- A passion to see all types of learners achieve their greatest potential.
- A high level of resilience, initiative, adaptability and the ability to work in a fluid and cross-cultural environment.
- An ability to work collaboratively in a group, as a team member or independently.
- An ability to solve problems and identify opportunities effectively within a cross-cultural context.
- A commitment to personal, professional and spiritual development
- Previous experience and a passion for teaching an asset
- Previous experience with individuals with learning challenges an asset
Join Ian & Tiffanie Rowley in Phnom Penh, serving with ChildCARE Plus and Global. Their team dynamic is easygoing and their home is open, where teammates are invited to share meals and become part of the family. Those who join the team will receive initial assistance to begin life in Cambodia, and to learn language and culture. Weekly team check-ins ensure good team communication. This team values independence, personal initiative, encouragement, transparency and flexibility.
The home team at International Missions will walk with you along the way – from application to deployment. Training, administrative support and mission coaching will be provided, along with assistance for promotional and fundraising efforts.