Meet Ryan and Heather deWeerd and Adrian and Sharon Thomas, two of our PAOC Global Workers based out of the Dominican Republic.
The deWeerd's and Thomas' are involved with Every Day Ministries Canada which serves to equip and empower national pastors and leaders to transform their churches and communities for Christ.
They do this through a variety of ministries including Bible Institutes, worship training, pastoral conferences and retreats, ministries for men, women, children and singles, church construction, community evangelistic outreaches, sports camps, Internship programs, short term team ministries, child scholarship/sponsorship programs, humanitarian relief and development, and preaching/teaching the Word of God.
To Equip and empower the evangelical pastors and churches, through training, outreach, community development and short term team activities in partnership with local churches so they can more effectively reach their people and the nations with the Gospel.
To see the evangelical church in the Dominican Republic and Haiti grow far beyond the current 3% to reach 10% of the population and become a Holy-Spirit-filled sending church.
Equipping and empowering is their biblical mandate.
Acts 16:5 “So the churches were being strengthened in the faith and were increasing in number daily.”
Ephesians 4:12-13 “for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ."
The Driving Principles of Every Day Ministries Canada Include:
- Carefully defined by actual needs of the pastors and the Body of Christ in each area.
- Always be in conjunction with at least one evangelical pastor and church congregation for follow-up and continuity.
AREA OF WORK:
- Limited to those areas where the pastors of the area/pastoral ministerial groups have given us an open invitation to work with them.
SHORT TERM MISSIONS TEAMS:
- A partnership of the missionaries alongside us and the local churches, working in the areas and on the projects we are currently already working on.
To come alongside churches in a three staged approach that will allow them to become fully mobilized and self-sustaining.
- Ministerial contact.
- 2-3 teaching events per year.
- Offer to serve them through teaching and church construction.
- Last for up to a year.
Stage 2- Partnership
- Greater involvement.
- STM partnerships.
- 6-10 events/meetings per year.
- Unity and preaching in churches.
- Last for around 5 years.
Stage 3- Mobilization
- Churches catch the vision of equipping and serving.
- Local church volunteer partnerships.
- High emphasis on training and sending.
How their Strategy Works:
Conference & Seminars
- Putting tools in the pastors’ and leaders’ hands so they can fulfill their calling and God-given vision.
- Working with the local church to bring spiritual and physical transformation of an entire village.
- Facilitating opportunities for mutually-edifying cross-cultural partnerships between Canadian and Dominican/Haitian churches.
- Everyday the deWeerds and Thomas' are seeing God break new ground in the Dominican Republic as God opens new doors and opportunities to serve pastors and communities.
Will you join in praying for them as they seek to accomplish the work they have been called to do?
Please Pray For:
- Continued strength, health and protection
- Wisdom and guidance
- Receptivity to the Gospel message
- Resources and support teams required
To help support the deWeerd's, click here.
To help support the Thomas', click here.