2015 has been quite the year! We’ve got something to celebrate and it couldn’t have happened without the faithful support and prayers of people like you!
Our MAK team wishes to express their sincerest thanks and appreciation for every boy, girl, mom, dad, children’s and youth pastor, district leader, volunteer and church who have generously invested in our MAK projects and global workers. Your giving has helped strengthen the work of The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada around the world, enabling us to make a lasting difference in countless children’s lives through care, development and the message of hope; JESUS!
We also greatly value your PRAYERS! Our Mission Canada and global workers are blessed and strengthened by them as they fulfill their call to assist children all around the world.
Here’s a highlight of what we are celebrating:
- MAK rebrand- fresh look and feel to the MAK logo, magazine and website that also includes a new MAK Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/missionsandkids) (Please “Like” us!)
- The introduction of two NEW MAK projects- The Bangladesh in-School Feeding Program and The Light In Film
- $94,676 in donations given in 2015
- 94 churches supporting
- 34 global and Mission Canada workers that were assisted
- 9 Districts that support, engage and advocate
- 7 Individuals who shared their stories
- $20,553.84 raised for Children Feeding Program
- 4,341 Bricks purchased
- 600 Mosquito nets purchased
- 22 Countries that received funds
Indeed, we have so much to be thankful for!
2016: A New Year to Dream Bigger Than Before!
As we dream and plan for the future, we remain committed to help serve local churches, pastors and parents develop a missionally-minded generation of children. Essentially, this is why MAK exists. We desire to:
- Inspire kids in Canada to do all they can to help spread the Good News of Jesus to people who do not yet know Him.
- Connect Canadian children with missionary children and their families around the world.
- Educate children about the world around them and about those who still need to hear the message of God’s love.
- Assist global worker (missionary) families financially so their children can receive quality education on the field.
- Support mission’s projects that care for children around the world.
- Pray for current and very real needs in the world today.
As we embark in this New 2016 Year, we are praying that the Lord will continue to use MAK to help serve as a meaningful and engaging resource across our Fellowship. We strongly believe that children are eager to engage in what they learn and see God is doing all around the world. We deeply value the commitment of church leaders and parents as they set out to provide opportunities for children to respond. MAK offers so many practical ways in which to do just that - to make a lasting impact in the lives of children. Together, we are working to shape future leaders and missionaries- what an exciting privilege!
We invite you to partner with us this year. Our hope is that we can increase our capacity to help strengthen the reach of ERDO, Mission Canada and International Missions through the work of existing workers and national partnerships. We desire to feed more children, purchase more mosquito nets, buy more bricks so that more schools can be built, distribute more bibles, reach more kids in French Canada, invest more into college and university campus ministries and so much more! Will you help us?
Here’s how you can get involved:
- “Like Us” on Facebook and invite your friends to do the same
- Visit our MAK website for resources, updates, projects, and more
- Sponsor a child through ChildCARE Plus
- Adopt a MAK project and commit to collect funds for it
- Adopt a global /Mission Canada worker to help support them financially either through a one-time gift or on a monthly basis
- Share your missions stories- we want to hear from you and share it with others!
- Pray for our work in Canada and around the world
We look forward to seeing all that we can do as we join together in His call.THANK YOU for your PARTNERSHIP!
Working together for His Kingdom,
MAK Editor | Manager of Engagement and Development