Ministry Location: South Africa
Ministry Focus: Don and MJ live in Pretoria, South Africa. Their ministry consists of three keys:
- CLI (Commissioning a Lifestyle of Integrity) addresses corruption that some African leaders suggest is as deadly as the AIDS virus. Don and Bill Pipke are partnering to develop a movement of integrity across the Continent.
- BCA (Bridging China and Africa) is reaching the over one million Chinese who live and work in Africa. BCA’s first Chinese globalworker family is on the ground in Africa.
- Chitenge Creations is a micro-enterprise project created by Marie-José. It has opened its first sewing School in Pretoria. The goal is to take the school to the surrounding townships, where 62% of South Africans live.
Ministry History: After pastoring Evangel Pentecostal Church in Montreal for thirteen years, Don and his wife Marie-José (MJ) responded to a call from National leaders in Africa, to encourage, equip, and empower leaders to finish strong and become agents of change in their local church and community. Don’s ministry journey includes Church Ministries Director for the Eastern Ontario and Quebec District, terms on the executives of both the Eastern Ontario and Quebec districts, Master’s College & Seminary Board of Governors and the General Executive of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. Don and MJ have been married for 34 years. Their daughter Stephanie, son Jonathan and his wife Julia are a constant source of blessing and encouragement to them on their mission’s journey.
- Pray that men and women in every sector of African society will commit to a lifestyle of integrity.
- Pray that Chinese workers will come to Christ across Africa.
- Pray for the first Chitenge Creations sewing school opening in a South African township in 2017
- Pray for the new BCA property acquired in Zambia and the remaining funds to be raised